Social Share Icons

Andiamo a Mondo Vogue!

From October covers to Vogue World Milano and Emmys picks.
Malle Wear from Vogue Logo

CHLOE MALLE

HEAD OF EDITORIAL CONTENT, VOGUE U.S.

@CHLOEMALLE

Off I head to Milano for Vogue World and Milan Fashion Week after a robust NYFW that included everything from beer pong to caviar carts. My six-year-old also lost his first tooth and we unveiled two of our three October cover stars: Michael B. Jordan and Mikey Madison! (I’m seeing The Social Reckoning tomorrow and will report back…)

PEOPLE

Michael B. Good!

This shoot, photographed by Luis Alberto Rodriguez and styled by Carlos Nazario, is one of my favorite recent cover stories. It has such panache and power—and it doesn’t hurt that Michael, an Oscar winner this year for his virtuosic performance in Sinners, is nice to look at. Kelefa Sanneh wrote a wonderful profile of the actor as his career shifts into a new gear. As Michael put it: “Whatever I wanted to do in life, I wanted to be competitive at, and I wanted to be mentioned amongst the greats.”

Baby Mine

Lena Dunham is a mom! She wrote the loveliest essay for us, describing how she began collecting vintage baby clothes as she waited for her daughter to arrive. Lena, Chloe Schama, and I were in conversation about this story for months and I was so excited that we could break the news.

We Like Mike(y)

I love Drew Vickers’s cover image of Mikey Madison reclining on a horse’s rump. The shoot, also styled by Carlos Nazario, was so romantic and rugged, and I love how it speaks to Mikey’s love of riding—something also explored in Marley Marius’s excellent profile of the Social Reckoning star.


PLACES

London Calling

The fashion circus makes its way across the pond as London Fashion Week begins this weekend. Here is our preview of everything to look out for, including the Vogue Café and an exhibition of the Bayeux Tapestry at the British Museum, which also has some of the best merch in the business, as chronicled by Liam Hess.

Buongiorno Milano!

I arrive in Milan this weekend and launch into Vogue World prep; the event takes place on Tuesday, the first day of Milan Fashion Week. You can see a preview of the Italian fashion in the show in our exquisite portfolio photographed by Ethan James Green and styled by Amanda Harlech—and you can watch the livestream here.

The Sounds of Music

Our September issue paired an excellent profile of the New York Philharmonic’s new artistic director, Gustavo Dudamel, with a story shot by Theo Wenner and styled by Miyako Bellizzi that put the students of Juilliard in fall fashion. On Monday evening, we celebrated both stories with a party at Juilliard attended by the maestro himself and featuring performances by a trio of student virtuosos. Suffice to say, we are all Duda-maniacs by now!

THINGS

Fashion Week Goings-On

More than usual, I feel like I was zipping up, down, and all around this fashion week; there were so many events and presentations, in addition to the runway shows. I loved seeing as many of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalists as possible and an onlooker captured footage of me sprinting under the barricade to make it to Carolina Herrera on time. (Never a dull moment...) The Eckhaus Latta x J.Crew beer pong tournament looked like the right kind of rowdy, but at the time I was up at the Rainbow Room, receiving the Daily Front Row’s magazine of the year award from the one and only Tonne Goodman! I also brought Alice Albert to her first fashion show, where she christened Anna Sui’s parasol-ed and lace-trimmed collection “beautiful clothes, like for ancestors.” She then enjoyed popcorn at Emily Dawn Long’s presentation, one of many high-class fashion week snacks.

And the Award Goes To…

Smack-dab in the middle of fashion week, we had the 78th Primetime Emmy Awards. Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell were our favorite couple of the night and we loved Louisa Jacobson’s Tom Ford suiting and Carey Mulligan in a cobalt column by The Row. Herewith, the Vogue fashion awards for the night.

Street and Greet

The street style photographers were out and snapping, including our own Phil Oh. I saw a lot of red and purple throughout the week—including Vogue’s Hannah Jackson and Irene Kim—and I may copy that color combo! The Vogue shopping team did a great edit of how to recreate your favorite street style looks.

My Wishlist

Khaite Shirt

SHOP NOW

Dries Van Noten Skirt

SHOP NOW

Jude Mules

SHOP NOW

All products featured on Vogue are independently selected by our editors. However, we may receive compensation from retailers and/or from purchases of products through these links.

Get Vogue in your inbox.

Was this forwarded to you? Sign up.

Plus, find all of our newsletter.

This e-mail was sent to you by Vogue.com. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add our e-mail address, vogue@mail.vogue.com, to your address book.

 

View our Privacy Policy

Unsubscribe or manage your newsletter subscriptions

 

Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All rights reserved.


About the Author

Amazon Handbags

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fashion & Style © 2015 - Designed by Templateism.com, Plugins By MyBloggerLab.com