Social Share Icons

New York Fashion Streak

Chloe on the Vogue Shopping Newspaper, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and the US Open
Malle Wear from Vogue Logo

CHLOE MALLE

HEAD OF EDITORIAL CONTENT, VOGUE U.S.

@CHLOEMALLE

And we’re off! Fashion month has officially begun, with New York shows starting yesterday and continuing through Tuesday, I’m writing this while waiting for the Kallmeyer show to start at the Ukrainian Embassy watching Jane Krakowski give life advice to Molly Ringwald. In addition to the shows, there seems to be one million cocktail events: Last night I attended five and there were plenty more. This Sunday, however, I’m taking a fashion week break to head to the US Open men’s final, which I’m very excited about!

PEOPLE

Fit to Print

The Vogue Shopping team worked tirelessly over the summer on the inaugural Vogue Shopping Newspaper, celebrating everything we want to shop for fall. (It’s available at newsstands and at our Vogue Cafés in Europe.) Paloma Elsesser was photographed by her friend Taschi Belt, highlighting her favorite pieces this season; and Emilia Petrarca guest-edited wonderful essays about what personal style means today. The global editor lookbook is all about Vogue editors’ fall style, and it includes a Dries coat that I fell in love with. Who doesn’t want to look like a Dutch master painting?!

Eep, it’s the Veep!

It is hard to overstate how important Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s TV characters have been in my life. That Graham falls asleep to Seinfeld is one of the things that made me want to marry him and I feel a real kinship with Elaine Benes, not least because I have been told more than once that I dance like her. Also, few shows make me laugh out loud like Veep does. Suffice it to say, interviewing JLD for the podcast was such a treat and I cannot wait to see her in Other Desert Cities this fall, her Broadway debut.

What New Yorkers Remember

It feels odd to write about 9/11 between puns about shopping, but we ran three wonderful pieces commemorating the 25th anniversary and I was moved by each of them in different ways. Marc Jacobs recalls the morning after his show, which had been held on a West Side pier with the towers in view; Lynn Yaeger writes about attending that show and the fluttering paper from the offices in the fallen buildings the next day. And Claire Messud, who so deftly digested the tragedy in her novel The Emperor's Children, wrote about experiencing the catastrophe while nursing a newborn. I am always asking New Yorkers and others where they were during 9/11; it was my second day at a new school in New York City and the thing I will always remember is the kindness of the subway station agent at Van Cortlandt station. She waved us through and onto the 1 train when some of us didn’t have our MetroCards, saying, “You kids get home safe.”

PLACES

Chan-ello!

I was lucky enough to get an early peek at Tom Sachs’s new installation, a simulacrum of Chanel’s flagship 31 Rue Cambon, but this one made mostly of plywood and Legos. It’s such fun to behold and explore; Tom is always playing with ideas of consumption and branding in fascinating ways. I’m heading to the opening reception this evening and can’t wait to see the work fully realized.

Change of a Dress

I can’t believe how many events there were on Wednesday evening. I felt like a fashion Pac Man, creeping up and down the grid of lower Manhattan, and I didn’t even make it to Celine, Balenciaga, La Ligne, or the CFDA kick-off cocktail! I started my evening at Bulgari’s impressive new sculptural installation by Marco Canevacci and Yena Young of Plastique Fantastique on top of the High Line and open to the public starting today. (The wind up there really added gravitas to the silk tail of my Kallmeyer blouse.) It was then off to the Coach show; then “Endless Runway: The Archive,” an exhibition curated by Carlos Nazario with help from eBay and the CFDA; a stop by Karla Martinez’s party with Coterie, which was hopping. Then I stopped by Alo’s event at The Twenty Two and was wowed by a mentalist who guessed the name of Hannah Jackson’s first kiss.

Cool for School

It’s super relaxing and not at all stressful that fashion week coincides with the first week of school. Alice is starting Pre-K at Artie’s school this year and emotions were high this morning. We made it, though, and then I zipped down to Henry Zankov’s first collection for Diane von Furstenberg, which was as colorful as Alice’s crayon caddy.

THINGS

What a Racket

I loved reading Corey Seymour’s magnum opus about Grand Slam etiquette at the US Open, as influencers with ring lights have horrified the tennis establishment. Everyone at the office has also been swooning over Ben Shelton and his girlfriend, the Washington Spirit star Trinity Rodman, making eyes at each other in Arthur Ashe all week. Needless to say, we want what they have!

Festival of Delights

Film festival season is in full swing, and my colleagues Taylor Antrim, Liam Hess, and Lisa Macabasco discuss the biggest films coming out of Venice, Telluride, and Toronto on the podcast. I’m still thinking about Penelope Cruz’s feather-trimmed, tomato-red Chanel gown…

Chapel Roam

The Las Vegas wedding chapel just opened on the Lower East Side of Manhattan and photographer Sabrina Santiago and Alex Hildreth were there to document the couples who showed up to get hitched on Labor Day weekend. Viva las LES!

My Wishlist

Kallmeyer Blouse

SHOP NOW

La Ligne Pant

SHOP NOW

Mophie Power Bank

SHOP NOW

All products featured on Vogue are independently selected by our editors. However, we may receive compensation from retailers and/or from purchases of products through these links.

Get Vogue in your inbox.

Was this forwarded to you? Sign up.

Plus, find all of our newsletter.

This e-mail was sent to you by Vogue.com. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add our e-mail address, vogue@mail.vogue.com, to your address book.

 

View our Privacy Policy

Unsubscribe or manage your newsletter subscriptions

 

Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All rights reserved.


About the Author

Amazon Handbags

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fashion & Style © 2015 - Designed by Templateism.com, Plugins By MyBloggerLab.com