Demna, Dolly, Designer Visits, Oh MY!
August 27, 2026
Amazon Handbags
|
|
CHLOE MALLE
HEAD OF EDITORIAL CONTENT, VOGUE U.S.
@CHLOEMALLE
|
CHLOE MALLE
HEAD OF EDITORIAL CONTENT, VOGUE U.S.
@CHLOEMALLE
|
|
|
|
This week, we celebrated our September issue hitting newsstands with a signing at Casa Magazines and went deep on Dolly Parton, Demna, and emerging designers around the globe.
|
Enter the Demna-verse
Nathan Heller spent months reporting our recent profile of Demna during his first year at Gucci. I love that Demna refers to his husband, music director Loïk Gomez, as his “fashion therapist,” and the way he recalls Loïk’s reaction to Demna’s presentation for the Gucci job. “My husband looked and was like, ‘It gives me a FOMO feeling—I want to be that or I want to have it’…I was like, that’s what my vision of Gucci is—creating this FOMO.”
Nathan captures well what I have always found most thrilling about Demna, which is how culturally omnivorous and constantly curious he is. When I interviewed him for the podcast while he was still at Balenciaga, he described loving to watch midtown Manhattan through the rain and listen to Diana Krall; and when I visited him in May to preview his GucciCore resort collection, he was just as enthusiastic about the first-edition art monographs he’d found at a rare books shop in Brooklyn.
|
Mi Casa, Su Casa
Speaking of Demna’s Gucci, September cover star Kaia Gerber arrived at our Casa Magazines issue-signing celebration wearing head-to-toe chocolate brown Gucci with the highest, skinniest stiletto heels I have ever seen. Homer Gere, Kaia’s co-star both on the cover and in The Shards, joined her behind the counter to autograph issues for fans. Listen to Nicole, Virginia, and me talk about the making of the September issue on the podcast!
|
I Dream of Dolly
Everyone at the Vogue office (and in our Slack channels) was heartbroken on Tuesday when we learned of Dolly Parton’s passing. But it has been a pleasure to spend the past few days celebrating and remembering her. Christian Allaire’s 2023 interview with Dolly about her six fashion rules was such a treat to revisit and Margaux Anbouba wrote about the Dolly quote she lives by.
|
Here, There, and Everywhere
It is my first year on the judging panel for the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund and the best thing about the experience so far has been visiting the finalists’ studios across New York City (plus one in Los Angeles over Zoom!). In more emerging-designer news, Alex Hildreth undertook an epic survey of exciting, young brands nominated by all 29 global editions of Vogue. I loved reading through it (and going down Instagram rabbit holes).
|
Market Research
It’s the 50th anniversary of the New York City Greenmarket! Anna Grace Lee interviewed a bushel of chefs about how to shop the stalls like a pro. I love Shimeng Jiang’s illustrations, which are as vibrant as the produce at Halal Pastures.
|
Something in the Air
When the smoke from the Canadian wildfires turned New York City’s air dark gray, I went about my business and didn’t panic… until I cleaned my face at night and my washcloth was brown! Alice Gregory endeavored to find out how much air pollution is affecting our skin and what we can do about it.
|
Before He Microcheats
This week, Eileen Kelly went deep on microcheating—a term I had never heard before! She considered the myriad ways you can compromise a relationship without actually having sex with other people. My favorite line in her piece is a parenthetical that made me laugh: “I’m always looking for new and exciting ways to experience insomnia.”
|
Worth a Shot
Can Botox make you happier? Or does it just make it harder to express emotion with your face? Maya Singer tried to find out, one prick at a time.
|
Receipts, Please
This summer, Hannah Jackson took it upon herself to find three fashion people willing to itemize every clothes purchase they made in a month. The results—and receipts!—are fascinating, and exponentially different.
|
|
|
|
About the Author
Amazon Handbags
Author & Editor
Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.
0 comments:
Post a Comment